Top Posts & Pages
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Carson on the Aorist, the Middle, Granville Sharp, and Colwell's Rule
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Rush-Sandra Fluke Debate
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies' Story, by Martin Dies
- Book Write-Up: Patents and Invention (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 5:1-5
- Manufacturing Division: Is Black Lives Matter truly Marxist or a front for the ruling elite? — Adara Press
- Book Write-Up: How the Republican Party Became Pro-Life (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 4
- How I Changed My Mind about Trump
- Book Write-Up: The Gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: Romans 2-3
- Book Write-Up: Pornography’s Victims (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 1-2 and Hope
Daily Archives: August 4, 2015
Richard J. Mouw and Robert L. Millet, ed. Talking Doctrine: Mormons & Evangelicals in Conversation. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the book. Mormonism and evangelicalism have not always had a positive relationship, to put it mildly. … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Evangelical Calvinist:
I was reminded recently, as a result of interaction with an ardent Thomist/Scholastic theologian, how entrenched that approach is still present within the lives of many Christian thinkers even of today. Well, John Calvin…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
I continue to see some scholars stating as unquestioned fact that “orthodoxy” and “heresy” really only emerged after Constantine, that only with the power of imperial coercion could these categories operate, and that…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
The sixth commandment forbids murder. By Stephen Cook’s reckoning in Reading Deuteronomy, chapters 19-21 of Deuteronomy all unpack the meaning of that commandment. They are laws about protecting innocent life. This works for the laws in…
Charles Halton ed. Genesis: History, Fiction, or Neither? Three Views on the Bible’s Earliest Chapters. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2015. 176 pp. $16.99. In contemporary evangelicalism there’s hardly a biblical/theological topic more divisive than that of origins. The various topics under…