Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Why Christian Faith Makes Sense, C. Stephen Evans. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2015. Summary: Against the contemporary challenges by the New Atheists, this book explores why the Christian faith makes sense, even though the existence of…
Originally posted on Daniel O. McClellan:
Michael Kok has a great article up on Bible and Interpretation entitled “Critical Questions for the Early High Christology Club” that discusses some of the main ideas that have been promulgated in recent years…
Reading Acts Shepherd, Charles E. Theological Interpretation and Isaiah 53: A Critical Comparison of Bernhard Duhm, Brevard Childs, and Alec Motyer. The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies 598. London: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2014. Hb $112.00. Link to Bloomsbury This … Continue reading
Jonathan Kirsch. God Against the Gods: The History of the War Between Monotheism and Polytheism. Viking Compass, 2004. See here to buy the book. I enjoyed Jonathan Kirsch’s History of the End of the World (see my review here) because … Continue reading
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
Joshua 10 has one of the most remarkable miracle stories in the whole of the Old Testament outside the opening chapters of Genesis. Fresh off of victories at Jericho and Ai, Joshua’s…
Originally posted on Laura Droege's blog:
If you’re looking for free images online, I’ve stumbled on a great site. I’d Pin That! has terrific photos, all of which are in the public domain; users are free to change, manipulate,…
William Gage. “For This Child I Prayed.” 2015. See here to buy the story. “For This Child I Prayed” is a short story about the biblical story of Hannah in the Bible. Hannah is barren and prays to God for … Continue reading
Roberta Kells Dorr. The Sons of Isaac. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 1995, 2014. See here to buy the book. The Sons of Isaac is Roberta Kells Dorr’s retelling of the stories of the biblical characters Isaac and Jacob. A while back, … Continue reading