Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Beginning Carson's Exegetical Fallacies
- Book Write-Up: Jesus Behaving Badly, by Mark L. Strauss
- Church Write-Up: Mark 9-10 and Becoming Like a Child
- Book Review: Basic Economics (1)
- Book Review: Basic Economics
- Book Write-Up: Trinity without Hierarchy
- Church Write-Up: God’s Persistent Love; Immediately After Death
- A Brief Review of “Safe People” by Cloud and Townsend
- Book Write-Up: The Transparent Cabal, by Stephen J. Sniegoski
- Book Write-Up: The Trinity and Martin Luther, by Christine Helmer
- Book Write-Up: The Supremacists, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: The Banquet Invitation
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Why Christian Faith Makes Sense, C. Stephen Evans. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2015. Summary: Against the contemporary challenges by the New Atheists, this book explores why the Christian faith makes sense, even though the existence of…
Originally posted on Daniel O. McClellan:
Michael Kok has a great article up on Bible and Interpretation entitled “Critical Questions for the Early High Christology Club” that discusses some of the main ideas that have been promulgated in recent years…
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Shepherd, Charles E. Theological Interpretation and Isaiah 53: A Critical Comparison of Bernhard Duhm, Brevard Childs, and Alec Motyer. The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies 598. London: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2014. Hb $112.00. Link…
Jonathan Kirsch. God Against the Gods: The History of the War Between Monotheism and Polytheism. Viking Compass, 2004. See here to buy the book. I enjoyed Jonathan Kirsch’s History of the End of the World (see my review here) because … Continue reading
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
Joshua 10 has one of the most remarkable miracle stories in the whole of the Old Testament outside the opening chapters of Genesis. Fresh off of victories at Jericho and Ai, Joshua’s…