Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Book Write-Up: Men and Women in Christ, by Andrew Bartlett
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Church Write-Up: Ash Wednesday 2020
- Book Write-Up: God in Himself, by Steven J. Duby
- Church Write-Up: Listening, and the Dark Night of the Soul
- How to Kill Your Christian Joy and Assurance
- Church Write-Up: The Transfiguration (Matthew 17:1-9)
- Review of “J. Gresham Machen: A Biographical Memoir” by Ned B. Stonehouse
- My cloud of witnesses: 7 traits of highly effective race runners
- Book Write-Up: The Victory of the Cross, by James R. Payton Jr.
- Church Write-Up: Law, Keeping It Real, and Sharing One’s Faith
- Wayne Allyn Root: Mexico Is Paying for Trump’s Wall
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Why Christian Faith Makes Sense, C. Stephen Evans. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2015. Summary: Against the contemporary challenges by the New Atheists, this book explores why the Christian faith makes sense, even though the existence of…
Originally posted on Daniel O. McClellan:
Michael Kok has a great article up on Bible and Interpretation entitled “Critical Questions for the Early High Christology Club” that discusses some of the main ideas that have been promulgated in recent years…
Originally posted on Reading Acts:
Shepherd, Charles E. Theological Interpretation and Isaiah 53: A Critical Comparison of Bernhard Duhm, Brevard Childs, and Alec Motyer. The Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies 598. London: Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2014. Hb $112.00. Link…
Jonathan Kirsch. God Against the Gods: The History of the War Between Monotheism and Polytheism. Viking Compass, 2004. See here to buy the book. I enjoyed Jonathan Kirsch’s History of the End of the World (see my review here) because … Continue reading
Originally posted on Is That in the Bible?:
Joshua 10 has one of the most remarkable miracle stories in the whole of the Old Testament outside the opening chapters of Genesis. Fresh off of victories at Jericho and Ai, Joshua’s…