Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: June 20, 2015
Hell in Book 2 of the Sibylline Oracles
I finished Book 2 of the Sibylline Oracles last night. According to John Collins, who translated and commented on the Sibylline Oracles in the Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, Book 2 probably dates to the second or the third century C.E. The Sibyls … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Religion Tagged Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, hell, John Collins, Sibylline Oracles Comments Off on Hell in Book 2 of the Sibylline Oracles
Tiberius Caesar the Christian?
Originally posted on Κέλσος:
When I first started this blog, I debunked an egregious piece of apologetic misinformation claiming that there is more ancient literary evidence for Jesus than the contemporary Roman emperor Tiberius Caesar (see my refutation of the 10/42 apologetic). I…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Tiberius Caesar the Christian?
In Tribute: Suzanne McCarthy, 1955-2015
Originally posted on BLT:
In early 2008 I encountered Christian egalitarianism for the first time and embraced it with excitement and relief. Finally, I could let go of my cognitive dissonance! I could believe in a God who hadn’t arbitrarily…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on In Tribute: Suzanne McCarthy, 1955-2015