Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The Death Penalty
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: June 18, 2015
Book Write-Up: A History of the End of the World, by Jonathan Kirsch
Jonathan Kirsch. A History of the End of the World: How the Most Controversial Book in the Bible Changed the Course of Western Civilization. HarperSanFrancisco, 2006. See here to buy the book. Jonathan Kirsch is a writer and an attorney. … Continue reading
Why doesn’t God make his existence more obvious to people?
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson about to do philosophy Have you ever heard someone say that if God existed, he would give us more evidence? This is called the “hiddenness of God” argument. It’s also…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Why doesn’t God make his existence more obvious to people?
“The Naked Gospel” by Andrew Farley – Summary and Response
Originally posted on Morgan Trotter:
Farley, Andrew. The Naked Gospel. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2009. As I mentioned in a previous post, I’m taking a training class for lay counselors through my church. As part of the class we were required…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on “The Naked Gospel” by Andrew Farley – Summary and Response
Book Review: John Goldingay, Do We Need the New Testament? (Part 2)
Lots of good thoughts. Reading Acts Goldingay, John. Do We Need the New Testament? Letting the Old Testament Speak for Itself. Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity, 2015. 184 pp. Pb; $22.00. Link to IVP NB: This is the second part of … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Book Review: John Goldingay, Do We Need the New Testament? (Part 2)
Senator Rand Paul’s Very Good Tax Plan Needs One Important Tweak
Originally posted on International Liberty:
Our nation very much needs fundamental tax reform, so it’s welcome news that major public figures – including presidential candidates – are proposing to gut the internal revenue code and replace it with plans that…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Senator Rand Paul’s Very Good Tax Plan Needs One Important Tweak