Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 19, 2015
A Letter To The Tenuous Christian Who Has Left Church and Is Hanging On By A Thread
Originally posted on J.S. Park: Hospital Chaplain, Skeptical Christian:
I know there are some of you who are barely hanging onto the ?Christian scene? ? it was part of your youth, you like Jesus, you like some of the…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on A Letter To The Tenuous Christian Who Has Left Church and Is Hanging On By A Thread
Girard-murder and Satan
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
In the later part of The One by Whom Scandal Comes, Rene Girard answers interview questions and seeks to respond to criticism and clarify his views. He reads the whole Bible in the light of the…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Girard-murder and Satan
Book Write-Up: The Scripture Way of Salvation
Kenneth J. Collins. The Scripture Way of Salvation: The Heart of John Wesley’s Theology. Nashville: Abington Press, 1997. See here to buy the book. Kenneth J. Collins teaches Church History at Asbury Theological Seminary. I found this book at the … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, History, Religion Tagged John Wesley, soteriology, The Scripture Way of Salvation 1 Comment