Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Why Sin Matters (McMinn): a book review
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- Book Write-Up: Blue Like Jazz, by Donald Miller
- Archaeologically Invisible
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Daily Archives: April 6, 2015
This will be a rambling post that talks about the pseudepigraphical Book of Jubilees and last Wednesday’s episode of The Middle. I’ve been reading the Book of Jubilees for my daily quiet time. The Book of Jubilees dates to the … Continue reading
Reading Acts Keathley, Kenneth and Mark F. Rooker, eds. 40 Questions about Creation and Evolution. 40 Questions and Answers Series. Grand Rapids, Mich. Kregel, 2015. 432 pp. Pb; $23.99. Link to Kregel. Kenneth D. Keathley (PhD, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) … Continue reading
Patrick W.T. Johnson. The Mission of Preaching: Equipping the Community for Faithful Witness. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the book. Patrick W.T. Johnson is a Presbyterian pastor who teaches at Princeton Theological Seminary. The back cover … Continue reading