Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- About Me
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Romans 14, Worship and the World to Come
- Romans 13 and Approaching the Atonement
- Romans 12:1-2
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
Monthly Archives: March 2015
Chee-Chiew Lee. The Blessing of Abraham, the Spirit, & Justification in Galatians. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2013. 256 pp. $28.00. This book is a revision of a dissertation done under Douglas Moo at Wheaton. In this study, Chee-Chiew Lee investigates the relationship between…
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
Summary: Simon’s book summarizes the struggle between John Marshall and Thomas Jefferson to define the character of American Federal government, focusing particularly on Marshall’s role in creating a strong judicial branch. A good book…
Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan. Where Trust Lies. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. Where Trust Lies is the sequel to Where Courage Calls, which I wrote about here. Where Courage Calls is about … Continue reading
I preached (or, actually, read) the sermon at my church this morning. I will post it here. It was helpful to me to write it because the process allowed me to clarify to myself what my religious and theological views … Continue reading
II Chronicles 25 is about King Amaziah of Judah. The Chronicler says that Amaziah was a righteous king, but his heart was not perfect. Amaziah’s father, King Joash, had been killed, and Amaziah as king obeyed the Torah by executing … Continue reading
Paul D. Molnar. Faith, Freedom and the Spirit: The Economic Trinity in Barth, Torrance and Contemporary Theology. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2015. See here for Intervarsity Press’s page about the book. Paul D. Molnar teaches Systematic Theology at St. … Continue reading
Tony Campolo. How to Be Pentecostal Without Speaking in Tongues. Dallas: Word Publishing, 1991. See here to buy the book. Tony Campolo is a preacher and a sociologist, and he was a spiritual adviser to President Bill Clinton during the … Continue reading
Bill Delvaux. Divided: When the Head and the Heart Don’t Agree. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2015. See here to buy the book. Christians intellectually believe certain ideas, but their heads and their hearts do not always agree. They may have heard … Continue reading
Yesterday at church, my pastor preached about John 3, in which Jesus tells the Jewish religious leader Nicodemus that he must be born again. My pastor made the point that Jesus was not an evangelical Christian doing altar calls, but … Continue reading
Originally posted on AwayPoint:
Lyrics for the rap song, B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth), include the following line: The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia. The idea that our modern image of Jesus could be based on…