Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 28, 2015
Derek Leman on the Fig Tree and the Faith That Moves Mountains
Derek Leman is a Messianic Jewish rabbi, and I subscribe to his free Daily D’Var, in which he comments on passages in the Torah and the Gospels from a religious and a scholarly perspective. I would like to share here … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Mark, Religion 2 Comments
Book Review – Spurgeon’s Sorrows: Realistic Hope for Those Who Suffer from Depression (Zack Eswine)
nceZack Eswine. Spurgeon’s Sorrows: Realistic Hope for Those Who Suffer from Depression. Scotland, UK: Christian Focus, 2014. 144 pp. $9.99. I don’t think I’ve ever even hinted on this blog of my battle with depression, and I’m thankful that it’s now…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Book Review – Spurgeon’s Sorrows: Realistic Hope for Those Who Suffer from Depression (Zack Eswine)
II Chronicles 22
II Chronicles 22 is about King Ahaziah of Judah. II Chronicles 22:2 states (in the KJV): “Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, II Chronicles, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time 2 Comments