Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Is Luke’s Silence Evidence of Ignorance? — Vridar
- Book Write-Up: The Fearful Master, by G. Edward Griffin
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Some New Arguments for the Principle of Sufficient Reason?
- Quadratus on Witnesses to Jesus
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: February 12, 2015
Originally posted on Remnant of Giants:
Since the beginning of modern biblical studies, there have been various theories about how the Pentateuch came to be composed from earlier sources or layers of tradition. The method for reconstructing these earlier sources…
Studies in the Pauline Epistles: Essays in Honor of Douglas J. Moo – Part 2 (Paul’s Use of Scripture and the Jesus Tradition)
Matthew S. Harmon and Jay E. Smith, ed. Studies in the Pauline Epistles: Essays in Honor of Douglas J. Moo. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2014. 320 pp. $49.99. Yesterday I gave you guys a taste of the first section (Exegeting Paul) of the…
Siri Mitchell. Love’s Pursuit. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2009. See here to buy the book. Love’s Pursuit is set in seventeenth century Massachusetts, the time and place of the Puritans in America. I decided to read this book for two … Continue reading