Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Book Write-Up: Jesus, by A.W. Tozer
- Bible Question: Why Didn't Joseph Contact Jacob?
- Psalm 5
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Daily Archives: February 12, 2015
Originally posted on Remnant of Giants:
Since the beginning of modern biblical studies, there have been various theories about how the Pentateuch came to be composed from earlier sources or layers of tradition. The method for reconstructing these earlier sources…
Studies in the Pauline Epistles: Essays in Honor of Douglas J. Moo – Part 2 (Paul’s Use of Scripture and the Jesus Tradition)
Matthew S. Harmon and Jay E. Smith, ed. Studies in the Pauline Epistles: Essays in Honor of Douglas J. Moo. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2014. 320 pp. $49.99. Yesterday I gave you guys a taste of the first section (Exegeting Paul) of the…
Siri Mitchell. Love’s Pursuit. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2009. See here to buy the book. Love’s Pursuit is set in seventeenth century Massachusetts, the time and place of the Puritans in America. I decided to read this book for two … Continue reading