Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 9, 2015
Interview with Prof Moulie Vidas
Originally posted on The Book of Doctrines and Opinions::
Talmudic source criticism goes back to the nineteenth century philological method of reading texts where history, linguistics, and literary structure hold clues to a texts meaning. For Americans, Chaim Potok’s novel…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Interview with Prof Moulie Vidas
Bauckham on Hurtado
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Richard Bauckham’s essay on my work on Jesus-devotion is a model of clarity, accuracy, fairness, and incisive critique: “Devotion to Jesus Christ in Earliest Christianity: An Appraisal and Discussion of the Work of…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Bauckham on Hurtado
Book Write-Up: The Joy of the Gospel, by Pope Francis
Pope Francis. The Joy of the Gospel: Evangelii Gaudium. New York: Image, 2013, 2014. See here to purchase the book. The Joy of the Gospel is primarily about evangelism. For Pope Francis, this includes sharing one’s faith about God’s love … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Bible, Religion Tagged Judaism, Magnificat, Mariology, Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel 1 Comment