I finished my daily quiet time through the apocrypha/deuterocanonical writings. I don’t have time right now to write any profound thoughts about the experience, but it went well, far better than I expected! The next book that I will be reading is I Enoch. I was going to go straight to the New Testament, but I decided to do some pseudepigraphic writings before I go there. How many, I don’t know. I am planning to go through I Enoch and Jubilees, but beyond that, well, that’s an open question right now.
Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice