Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 20, 2015
Jaded: The State of the Union and the Republican Response
Will I be watching the State of the Union and the Republican response tonight? Oh, maybe. Or I’ll tape them and watch them tomorrow. Or I’ll listen to them on the Internet tomorrow while doing other things. I’m just not … Continue reading
Posted in Politics Tagged State of the Union 2 Comments
Acts 2 – Pentecost in the Book of Acts
Reading Acts The imagery of Pentecost may be important. Pentecost is a pilgrim-holiday also known as the Feast of Weeks or Shavuot. The holiday celebrated the firstfruits of the harvest. The Festival of Weeks was the smallest of the three … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 1 Comment
Review: Faith and Reason: Three Views
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
The question of the relation of faith and reason is a live question for any Christian seeking to live an integrated life in the world of higher education, where rigorous thought is a necessary…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Review: Faith and Reason: Three Views
Book Write-Up: Fire by Night, by Lynn Austin
Lynn Austin. Fire by Night. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2003. Fire by Night is the second book of Lynn Austin’s Refiner’s Fire series, which is about the American Civil War. The first book, Candle in the Darkness (see my review here), … Continue reading
Posted in Religion 3 Comments