Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Daily Archives: January 17, 2015
Originally posted on Bob on Books:
“Ida M Tarbell crop” by On recto: J.E. Purdy & Co. Copyright by J.E. Purdy, Boston. – Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ida_M_Tarbell_crop.jpg There has been a lot of media attention…
Originally posted on And the Words became Books:
Tarik M. Quadir. Traditional Islamic Environmentalism: The Vision of Seyyed Hossein Nasr. Lanham: University of America Press, 2013. Is it God’s fault that we are destroying the earth? In a famous lecture from 1966 Lynn…
Karen Swallow Prior. Fierce Convictions: The Extraordinary Life of Hannah More—-Poet, Reformer, Abolitionist. Nashville: Nelson Books (An Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2014. Hannah More was a writer and an activist in eighteenth-early nineteenth century England. She wrote plays, poems, and … Continue reading