Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: A Commentary on 1&2 Chronicles, by Eugene H. Merrill
- Plural Elohim, Plural Verb
- David M. Carr: Beyond Original Sin: Genesis on the Emergence of True Adulthood
- Psalm 60
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
- Church Write-Up about Romans 5-6, Tension, and Witnessing, and Book Write-Up about the IVP Reformation Commentary on Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- Book Write-Ups: Strike from Space, Ambush at Vladivostok (Phyllis Schlafly)
Daily Archives: January 6, 2015
Mark Sheridan. Language for God in Patristic Tradition: Wrestling with Biblical Anthropomorphism. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. Among church fathers, particularly those adhering to the Alexandrian tradition of biblical interpretation, there was a sense that the Bible contained deeper, allegorical, … Continue reading