Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 19, 2014
Book Write-Up: To Kill a Lion
Bruce Lengeman. To Kill a Lion: Destroying the Power of Lust from the Root. Apopka, Florida: Certa Publishing (Second Printing), 2010. ISBN: 9780982785874. See here to purchase the book. A number of men within evangelical Christianity struggle with sexual lust. … Continue reading
Book Write-Up: A Ranger’s Trail, by Darlene Franklin
Darlene Franklin. A Ranger’s Trail. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2012. See here for Moody’s page about the book. A Ranger’s Trail is part of the Texas Trails series, also known as the Morgan Family Series. This series focuses on the Morgan … Continue reading
Posted in Religion Tagged Buck Morgan, Derrick Denning, Moody Publishers, Ranger's Trail, Wande Morgan 1 Comment
Berkouwer-against glorifying virginity
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Today I finish up talking about G. C. Berkouwer’s reflection on the Christmas event in his book, The Work of Christ. There is a real problem with the way popular and theological understandings of the virgin…
Posted in Uncategorized 1 Comment