Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- God's absence — Triablogue
- Isaiah and the Inviolability of Zion
- The Unforgiving King of Matthew 18:21-35?
- Plural Elohim, Plural Verb
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: December 2014
Originally posted on theology like a child:
Cru’s 4 spiritual laws: “God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life” Yes, in Christ. Again, this piece is dedicated to those wonderful persons I met in Campus Crusade for…
Lynn Austin. Among the Gods. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2006. Among the Gods is the fifth and final book of Lynn Austin’s Chronicles of the Kings series, which focuses on the reigns of kings Hezekiah and Manasseh of Judah. See here, … Continue reading
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 44,000 times in 2014. If it were a … Continue reading
Lynn Austin. Candle in the Darkness. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2002. I have been reading Lynn Austin’s historical fiction about the Hebrew Bible, and I decided to give her Civil War books a try. Candle in the Darkness is the first … Continue reading
Reading Acts Bird, Michael F. The Gospel of the Lord: How the Early Church Wrote the Story of Jesus. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2014. xiv + 393 pages, pb. $30. Link to Eerdmans [NB: This is the third and final … Continue reading
Kimlyn J. Bender. Confessing Christ for Church and World: Studies in Modern Theology. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2014. See here for Intervarsity’s page about the book. Confessing Christ for Church and World is a collection of essays that relate the … Continue reading
At church this morning, the Pastor Emeritus conducted the service, since the Pastor and his wife are away on vacation. During and after the service, I thought about something. I have felt oppressed by the Bible, but I have also … Continue reading
Reading Acts Bird, Michael F. The Gospel of the Lord: How the Early Church Wrote the Story of Jesus. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 2014. xiv + 393 pages, pb. $30. Link to Eerdmans This is the second part of my … Continue reading
Originally posted on AwayPoint:
Was there a man behind the myths? — Three Bible scholars debate the question. To my mind, the only thing in the world duller than a graduation ceremony is a traditional wedding. Not long after finishing…