Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- An Aspie Catholic
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- In Memoriam: Steve Hays
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- About Me
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Richard M. Hannula. Samuel Rutherford. Grand Rapids: EP Books, 2014. Samuel Rutherford was a seventeenth century Presbyterian minister in Scotland. In Samuel Rutherford, which is part of the series Bitesize Biographies, Richard Hannula tells the story of Rutherford’s life, devotions, … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Thanksgiving. He told us about the 1965 movie Shenandoah, in which Jimmy Stewart played a farmer during the American Civil War. Stewart’s character was named Charlie Anderson, and he was trying … Continue reading
Originally posted on WINTERY KNIGHT:
My friend Eric Chabot of Ratio Christi shared this video with me, which features chemist Fazale Rana. The video runs under 4 minutes: Basically, there was an atheist who challenged the idea that nature is…
I have two items for my blog post today about II Chronicles 8. 1. II Chronicles 8:1-2 states in the NRSV: “At the end of twenty years, during which Solomon had built the house of the LORD and his own … Continue reading
I recently read an article by Julie Roys, host of Moody Radio’s Up for Debate program. The article is entitled “Facts About the Universe That Will Blow Your Mind.” The article goes into the fine-tuning of the universe. Essentially, this … Continue reading
I have done these lists in the past (here and here). So, per usual, I have wisely chosen some noteworthy recent releases in theology…just in time for your Christmas wishlists! Hans Urs von Balthasar, Dare We Hope That All Men Be…
I wrote a post last week, Jeopardy Disappointment, in which I expressed disappointment because I thought that Julia Collins would not be going up against Arthur Chu in the Tournament of Champions, since Julia had lost the night before. But, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Athanasian Reformed:
I just posted the following to my group blog for a program I am a part of through Princeton Theological Seminary. One of our assignments was to listen to the following podcast by Eboo Patel,…