This is my favorite debate on the resurrection.
You can watch the debate here:
The MP3 file can be obtained from Apologetics 315.
There is not much snark in this summary, because Crossley is a solid scholar, and very fair with the evidence. He’s also done debates with Richard Bauckham and Michael Bird. You have to respect him for getting out there and defending his views in public.
William Lane Craig’s opening speech
- There are four minimal facts that are accepted by most historians
- The best explanation of the four minimal facts is that God raised Jesus from the dead
Contention 1 of 2:
Fact 1: The burial
- The burial is multiply attested
- The burial is based on the early source material that Mark used for his gospel
- Scholars date this Markan source to within 10 years of the crucifixion
- The burial is also in the early…
View original post 2,840 more words