Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- St. Francis of Assisi and the Three Robbers
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 4, 2014
Personal good and the common good
Originally posted on Aquinas, Etc.:
St. Thomas has an interesting thing to say about a certain hierarchy of values that seems like a real poke in the ribs. But a man’s will is not right in willing a particular good,…
Posted in Uncategorized 2 Comments
Matthew 5:27-30 Adultery and Lust
Reblogging this for future reference. Reading Acts Jesus also extends the seventh commandment to include far more than sex outside of marriage. His method is generally the same as for murder in the previous section. It is not just the … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 1 Comment
II Chronicles 1
In II Chronicles 1, God asks Solomon at Gibeon what he wants God to give to him. Solomon responds in v 10 (KJV): “Give me now wisdom and knowledge, that I may go out and come in before this people: … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, II Chronicles, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time 1 Comment