Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- David Marshall: Christ in the Rig Veda?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: September 21, 2014
At church this morning, we sang the hymn, “O Perfect Love” (see here). At first, I just went through the motions of singing it, without thinking about the words that much. Then, I decided that the hymn might have some … Continue reading
Gary Wilkerson, with R.S.B. Sawyer. David Wilkerson: The Cross, the Switchblade, and the Man Who Believed. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2014. David Wilkerson was a Pentecostal preacher. In the 1950’s, he read about a high-profile murder trial in a newspaper and … Continue reading