Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- About Me
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 5, 2014
the straight and narrow
Posted in Uncategorized 1 Comment
Book Write-Up: The Roman Way, by Edith Hamilton
Edith Hamilton. The Roman Way. New York: W.W. Norton and Company, 1932, 1960. Edith Hamilton wrote about the Greeks, the Romans, the Hebrew Bible, and Christianity during her retirement. I recently read her first book, The Greek Way, and I … Continue reading
Posted in Greco-Roman, History Tagged Edith Hamilton, Roman history, The Greeks, The Romans 1 Comment
On Victoria Osteen’s Remarks
A lot of Christians are upset by Victoria Osteen’s claim that we worship God so that we can be happy. See here. Victoria Osteen is the wife of megachurch pastor Joel Osteen. She recently said that God wants us to … Continue reading
Posted in Religion Tagged joel osteen, Victoria Osteen 2 Comments