Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Manichaeanism vs. "Fallen Goodness"
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Book Write-Up: The Unseen Realm, by Michael S. Heiser
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Current Events Write-Up: Oil Wars; Pro-WHO and Anti-Taiwan Articles; Unfair Criticisms of Conservative Christians; Wisconsin Voter Suppression...by Democrats!
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 23:6 and Psalm 40
- Booknotes: In Trump We Trust, Resistance Is Futile, Godless (Ann Coulter)
- Current Events Write-Up: Deficit Non-Disaster; Unafraid Phyllis; Norma McCorvey; Trump’s New Press Secretary
- Book Write-Up: The Facts about Communism and Our Churches, by Billy James Hargis
- Current Events Write-Up: Solutions, Public Transit, Ahmaud Arbery, Safe Haven, Foreign Aid, Mrs. America
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 41 and 23:5a
- “Ask China” — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies’ Story, by Martin Dies
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 51; Rod and Staff
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Although I lean more in the progressive direction politically, I am registered as a Republican. The reason is that, where I live, the primaries are closed, which means that only registered Democrats can vote in Democratic primaries, and only registered … Continue reading
A thought has occurred to me more than once: according to my recollections, I had the “holiday blues” more often after I quit drinking, than I did before. I wonder why that was. Isn’t sobriety, after all, supposed to entail … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Loser's Guide to God's Grace:
So if what you get by God’s grace is so much better than the “blessings” we’ve been praying and asking for, what is it? What do we get? I…
Robert Moats Miller. Harry Emerson Fosdick: Preacher, Pastor, Prophet. Oxford University Press, 1985. I first heard of Harry Emerson Fosdick back when I was in college. I was preparing a presentation on the fundamentalist-modernist controversy of the 1920’s, and I … Continue reading
At church this morning, we had an adult baptism. Normally, my church baptizes infants. Today’s adult baptism was noteworthy, in my opinion, because it was so authentic. We weren’t just going through the motions, vowing as a congregation that we … Continue reading
My post about I Chronicles 15 today will focus more on what a commentary said about a verse in I Chronicles 15, rather than the contents of the chapter itself. I Chronicles 15:1 states: “And David made him houses in … Continue reading