Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Music in The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Book Write-Up: The Abomination of Desolation in Biblical Eschatology
- Christian Actors
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Young Man Luther, by Erik H. Erikson
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
- Church Write-Up about Romans 5-6, Tension, and Witnessing, and Book Write-Up about the IVP Reformation Commentary on Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- Book Write-Ups: Strike from Space, Ambush at Vladivostok (Phyllis Schlafly)
Daily Archives: May 6, 2014
Candida Moss. The Myth of Persecution: How Early Christians Invented a Story of Martyrdom. New York: HarperOne: 2013. Candida Moss is a professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at Notre Dame. Her book The Myth of Persecution was widely … Continue reading
Originally posted on EerdWord:
Rachel Bomberger Rachel Bomberger is EerdWord editor for Eerdmans. She loves reading, writing, and Sir Patrick Stewart. * * * I don’t know how the rest of you wiled away our recent little ice age of…