Top Posts & Pages
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Uninspired Canonical Books?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- The Remarkable Life and Conversion of KFC Founder Colonel Sanders
- To Contact Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Church Write-Up: “…in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord…”
- Burning the mission field — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Old Testament Ethics, by John Goldingay
- Grace, Then Justice
- Post-Progressive Christianity: Part 11, Hope — Experimental Theology
- Church Write-Up: “…in God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth…”
- Kamala Harris might be surging – but her record will soon catch up with her
- Book Write-Up: All Things New, by Brian J. Tabb
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe”
- Book Write-Up: The Canon of Scripture, by F.F. Bruce
Monthly Archives: May 2014
S.G.F. Brandon, ed. The Saviour God: Comparative Studies in the Concept of Salvation Presented to Edwin Oliver James, Professor Emeritus in the University of London by Colleagues and Friends to Commemorate His Seventy-Fifth Birthday. Manchester University Press, 1963. This 1963 … Continue reading
Intelligent design, eternal torment and the restoration of everything: an interview with Kevin Miller
Originally posted on lotharlorraine:
I had the immense privilege to interview the great and incredibly gifted movie maker Kevin Miller. He is a unique person in many respects and a progressive Christian having left behind a great part of his…
In I Chronicles 12, Israel comes to David while he is in Ziklag to support him. David is still on the run from King Saul of Israel. I have four thoughts about this chapter. In this post, I will use … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Loser's Guide to God's Grace:
Still with me? I trust if you went and got Waking the Dead that you are reading it and following the program. I did, and I want to tell…
For its Bible study, my church is going through When God’s People Pray, by Jim Cymbala. Yesterday, we did Session 2, “The Amazing Power of Prayer.” Here are some thoughts: 1. Recently, in the blogosphere, there have been mainline Protestants … Continue reading
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Having been asked to review Bart Ehrman’s new book, How Jesus Became God (HarperOne, 2014), for the Christian Century, I take the opportunity here also to comment on it. This book is another of his…
James Yerkes. The Christology of Hegel. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1983. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel was a nineteenth century German philosopher. James Yerkes’ The Christology of Hegel is about Hegel’s view of Jesus Christ, and how that … Continue reading