Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- The Shepherd of Hermas' Christology
- The Silent Scream, and Planned Parenthood's Response
- Joel 3: Where Is the Justice?
- Church Write-Up: Is the Law a Transcript of God's Character?
- The Participatory Model of the Atonement
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
- Progressive Critique of Leftist Cancel Culture and Censorship of “Non-Woke” Ideas
- ‘Diversity Training’ Doesn’t Work. This Might.
- Book Write-Up: Julian of Eclanum’s Commentaries on Job, Hosea, Joel, and Amos
- Colossians Conundra, Jesus as God of the OT, Paul’s “Works of the Law” in the Perspective of Second-Century Reception
Monthly Archives: May 2014
S.G.F. Brandon, ed. The Saviour God: Comparative Studies in the Concept of Salvation Presented to Edwin Oliver James, Professor Emeritus in the University of London by Colleagues and Friends to Commemorate His Seventy-Fifth Birthday. Manchester University Press, 1963. This 1963 … Continue reading
Intelligent design, eternal torment and the restoration of everything: an interview with Kevin Miller
Originally posted on lotharlorraine:
I had the immense privilege to interview the great and incredibly gifted movie maker Kevin Miller. He is a unique person in many respects and a progressive Christian having left behind a great part of his…
In I Chronicles 12, Israel comes to David while he is in Ziklag to support him. David is still on the run from King Saul of Israel. I have four thoughts about this chapter. In this post, I will use … Continue reading
Originally posted on The Loser's Guide to God's Grace:
Still with me? I trust if you went and got Waking the Dead that you are reading it and following the program. I did, and I want to tell…
For its Bible study, my church is going through When God’s People Pray, by Jim Cymbala. Yesterday, we did Session 2, “The Amazing Power of Prayer.” Here are some thoughts: 1. Recently, in the blogosphere, there have been mainline Protestants … Continue reading
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
Having been asked to review Bart Ehrman’s new book, How Jesus Became God (HarperOne, 2014), for the Christian Century, I take the opportunity here also to comment on it. This book is another of his…
James Yerkes. The Christology of Hegel. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1983. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel was a nineteenth century German philosopher. James Yerkes’ The Christology of Hegel is about Hegel’s view of Jesus Christ, and how that … Continue reading
When did I first hear of Maya Angelou? It may have been when my Mom was a college student. Her major was African-American studies. She brought home some of Maya Angelou’s works, such as I Know Why the Caged Bird … Continue reading
Yesterday, I watched a debate between Christian apologist James White and skeptic Robert Price. The debate was over the question, “Is the Bible true?” In this post, I will not get into all of the points and counter-points, but I … Continue reading