Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: April 1, 2014
Book Write-Up: Religion and the Enlightenment
James M. Byrne. Religion and the Enlightenment: From Descartes to Kant. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 1996. I decided to get this book so that I could read a clear explanation of Immanuel Kant’s epistemology, plus I figured that I … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, History, Philosophy, Religion Tagged Descartes, Immanuel Kant, James M. Byrne, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Rene Descartes, Westminster John Knox Press 6 Comments
Jesus’ Divinity: Ehrman v. the Evangelicals (Pt. 2)
Originally posted on the archives near Emmaus:
Ehrman, HOW JESUS BECAME GOD Why did Bart D. Ehrman write a book—How Jesus Became God: The Exaltation of the Jewish Preacher from Galilee—on Jesus’ divinity (or lack thereof)? We can speculate all…
Posted in Uncategorized 3 Comments