Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Death Penalty
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 12, 2014
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
Here is an interesting take on the Hebrew Bible’s idea of the afterlife. Jacob Milgrom, in Leviticus from the Continental Commentary series, considers the Hebrew word karet. We translate it as “cut off”. There are 18…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Milgrom-keret
Book Write-Up: Binding the Strong Man, by Ched Myers
Ched Myers. Binding the Strong Man: A Political Reading of Mark’s Story of Jesus. Maryknoll, New York: Orbis Books, 1988. I have been interested in the political ramifications of Jesus and early Christianity in terms of their Jewish and Roman … Continue reading