Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 12:22-37: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Gnostic Soteriology
- Samson: Good or Bad?
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
Monthly Archives: February 2014
We sang a hymn at church this morning that I really liked. I was restless, irritable, and discontent before we sang this hymn. I felt, well, offbeat: we would sing hymns, and I did not know where exactly we were, … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson talks about Bill Cosby’s family problems. Dyson does this, not to air Cosby’s dirty laundry or to accuse Cosby … Continue reading
In Psalm 148, the Psalmist exhorts the angels and various sorts of creatures and phenomena of nature to praise the LORD. Leslie Allen states that nature is summoned to praise the LORD because “God’s people need helpers, as it were, … Continue reading
In his controversial “Pound Cake” speech before the NAACP in 2004, Bill Cosby criticized and ridiculed fashion trends within the African-American community: baggy pants, body piercings, etc. Cosby was also critical of African-American parents who give their children unusual names, … Continue reading
In The People Factor, Pastor Van Moody draws some interesting conclusions from the biblical story of Abraham and Lot. Essentially, Moody argues that Lot was a bad friend to Abraham, one who was holding Abraham back spiritually and was even … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson talks about a time when an African-American held him and a female companion up at gunpoint. Dyson reasoned with … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?, Michael Eric Dyson cited studies that contradict Bill Cosby’s assertions in his controversial 2004 speech before the NAACP. Bill Cosby chided the … Continue reading
Originally posted on With All I Am:
What can a Calvinist say to a person who struggles with his assurance of salvation (this also applies to evangelism)? From reading and pondering some Lutheran blogs’ posts for some time now, I…