Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- II Maccabees and the Afterlife
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- More on Origen and the Sabbath
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: February 2014
We sang a hymn at church this morning that I really liked. I was restless, irritable, and discontent before we sang this hymn. I felt, well, offbeat: we would sing hymns, and I did not know where exactly we were, … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson talks about Bill Cosby’s family problems. Dyson does this, not to air Cosby’s dirty laundry or to accuse Cosby … Continue reading
In Psalm 148, the Psalmist exhorts the angels and various sorts of creatures and phenomena of nature to praise the LORD. Leslie Allen states that nature is summoned to praise the LORD because “God’s people need helpers, as it were, … Continue reading
In his controversial “Pound Cake” speech before the NAACP in 2004, Bill Cosby criticized and ridiculed fashion trends within the African-American community: baggy pants, body piercings, etc. Cosby was also critical of African-American parents who give their children unusual names, … Continue reading
In The People Factor, Pastor Van Moody draws some interesting conclusions from the biblical story of Abraham and Lot. Essentially, Moody argues that Lot was a bad friend to Abraham, one who was holding Abraham back spiritually and was even … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson talks about a time when an African-American held him and a female companion up at gunpoint. Dyson reasoned with … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?, Michael Eric Dyson cited studies that contradict Bill Cosby’s assertions in his controversial 2004 speech before the NAACP. Bill Cosby chided the … Continue reading
Originally posted on With All I Am:
What can a Calvinist say to a person who struggles with his assurance of salvation (this also applies to evangelism)? From reading and pondering some Lutheran blogs’ posts for some time now, I…