Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 6, 2014
and yet ANOTHER internet controversy!: going to church
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on and yet ANOTHER internet controversy!: going to church
My Thoughts About the Nye/Ham Debate
I watched the two hour and forty-five minutes debate between TV “science guy” Bill Nye and young-earth creationist Ken Ham. See here for NPR’s summary of the key points of the debate, and also to watch the debate itself. Here … Continue reading
Losing the Race 5
For my blog post today about John McWhorter’s 2000 book, Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America, I will use as my starting point a story that McWhorter tells on page 172. The context is the controversy surrounding Proposition 209 … Continue reading
Posted in Black History Month, Politics, Race, Television, West Wing Comments Off on Losing the Race 5