Top Posts & Pages
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Uninspired Canonical Books?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- The Remarkable Life and Conversion of KFC Founder Colonel Sanders
- To Contact Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Church Write-Up: “…in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord…”
- Burning the mission field — Triablogue
- Book Write-Up: Old Testament Ethics, by John Goldingay
- Grace, Then Justice
- Post-Progressive Christianity: Part 11, Hope — Experimental Theology
- Church Write-Up: “…in God the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth…”
- Kamala Harris might be surging – but her record will soon catch up with her
- Book Write-Up: All Things New, by Brian J. Tabb
- Church Write-Up: “I Believe”
- Book Write-Up: The Canon of Scripture, by F.F. Bruce
Daily Archives: February 2, 2014
Originally posted on the archives near Emmaus:
This the first post of the “Sundays With St. Paul” series I started last Sunday. Today’s post is still being finished up. One of the classes I’m taking this semester is titled “Paul…
At church this morning, the pastor told a story about a biographer and a politician. The biographer submitted his first draft of his biography to the politician, and the politician asked, “Is that the best you can do?” Realizing he … Continue reading
Jon D. Levenson. Resurrection and the Restoration of Israel: The Ultimate Victory of the God of Life. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2006. A prominent scholarly narrative is that the concept of the resurrection of the dead is absent throughout … Continue reading
For my first blog post about John McWhorter’s 2000 book, Losing the Race: Self-Sabotage in Black America, I’ll use as my starting-point some points that McWhorter makes on pages 9-10. McWhorter is arguing against the idea that “Most Black People … Continue reading