Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- About Me
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Book Write-Up: Faith of My Fathers, by Lynn Austin
- Gabe Dimas and C.S. Lewis
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
- Plague and providence — Triablogue
- Federalist: It’s Not The Federal Government’s Fault New York Doesn’t Have More Ventilators, It’s Andrew Cuomo’s
Monthly Archives: February 2014
Paul M. Gould and Richard Brian Davis, ed. Loving God with Your Mind: Essays in Honor of J.P. Moreland. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2014. I would like to thank Moody Publishers for my review copy of this book. See here for … Continue reading
A person who knew my story would probably say that I was naive about race when I was younger. At the undergraduate institution that I attended, I was taking a Winter Term class. I was arguing against affirmative action, saying … Continue reading
Vickie McDonough. Long Trail Home. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2011. I would like to thank Moody Publishers for my review copy of this book. See here for Moody’s page about it. This book is part of the Morgan Family Series, which … Continue reading
I finished Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), by Michael Eric Dyson. In this post, I’ll talk about Dyson’s discussion of the economic situation of African-Americans. Dyson acknowledges the economic improvements in the … Continue reading
A few days ago on my blog, I reviewed Michael Rydelnik’s The Messianic Hope: Is the Hebrew Bible Really Messianic? See here to read my review. Rydelnik argues in that book that the Hebrew Bible points directly to the Messiah, … Continue reading
On page 250 of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson quotes something that Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. said about the program Amos ‘n’ Andy. Gates stated in a November … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson praises Jesse Jackson for acknowledging the importance of personal responsibility within the African-American community, while also working to address … Continue reading