Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Some Source Criticism on Exodus 19, 24, and 34
- Ishmael on Hagar's Back
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 30, 2014
Book Review: Michael F. Bird, Are You the One Who Is To Come?
Reading Acts Bird, Michael F. Are You the One Who Is To Come? Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker, 2009. 207 pages, pb. $24 Link to Baker Link to Logos Some scholars argue that Jesus himself did not intend to call himself … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Book Review: Michael F. Bird, Are You the One Who Is To Come?
“Augustine and the Inspiration of Scripture” by Michael Graves
Originally posted on EerdWord:
Michael Graves is Armerding Associate Professor of Biblical Studies at Wheaton College, Illinois, and author of the new book The Inspiration and Interpretation of Scripture: What the Early Church Can Teach Us. * * * Several…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on “Augustine and the Inspiration of Scripture” by Michael Graves
I finished Rick Perlstein’s Nixonland. In this post, I will discuss three items from the book. In my post tomorrow, I will offer an overall reflection about My Year (or More) of Nixon. 1. On pages 343-344, Perlstein tells an … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Nixonland 12