Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Hour Is Come!
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Essays I'll Need to Revisit
- The "We-Passages"
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 30, 2013
Book Write-Up: All You Want to Know About Hell, by Steve Gregg
Steve Gregg. All You Want to Know About Hell: Three Christian Views of God’s Final Solution to the Problem of Sin. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2013. This book is about three Christian views about hell. The first is the Traditionalist view … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Rabbinics, Religion Tagged Gehenna, name of Jesus, Restorationism, Steve Gregg Comments Off on Book Write-Up: All You Want to Know About Hell, by Steve Gregg
Why Jonah Fled: Thoughts from Malbim
Originally posted on ἐνθύμησις:
Malbim, short for Meir Leibush ben Yechiel Michel, was a Jewish rabbi who lived from 1809-1879. Malbim was one of the first Jewish commentators to comment on the whole Old Testament since the Middle Ages. While Malbim’s…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Why Jonah Fled: Thoughts from Malbim
The Ends of Power 8
On page 276 of The Ends to Power, H.R. Haldeman (with Joseph DiMona) says the following about President Richard Nixon’s valet, Manolo Sanchez, and how his serving Nixon coffee made a lot of racket on Nixon’s tapes: “Manolo is well … Continue reading
Posted in History Comments Off on The Ends of Power 8