Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: December 19, 2013
Originally posted on Theological Musings:
Earlier this month saw the publication of the much-anticipated fourth volume in the Christian Origins and the Question of God Series. N.T. Wright’s Paul and the Faithfulness of God is a tour de force in…
James W. Watts. Ritual and Rhetoric in Leviticus: From Sacrifice to Scripture. Cambridge University Press, 2007. Watts argues in this book that Leviticus 1-16 employs rhetoric to uphold the authority of the Aaronide priests. Watts notes examples in the Hebrew … Continue reading