Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Lactantius the Proto-Pelagian?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Origen and Calvin: Christological Smackdown!
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Book Write-Up: A Multitude of Peoples, by Vince L. Bantu
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- Book Write-Ups: Safe—-Not Sorry, A Choice Not an Echo Exp. (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Book Write-Up: Paul, Apostle of God’s Glory in Christ, by Thomas R. Schreiner
Daily Archives: December 9, 2013
Originally posted on Finding Truth:
Since leaving Christianity, I’ve had time to reflect on why some people leave their faith when confronted with issues and why others stay. The reasons are quite varied, of course. And a large part of…
Originally posted on Larry Hurtado's Blog:
In the course of working up a commissioned article on the reading of texts in early Christianity, I’ve come across a work that I confess I hadn’t known of before, but that deserves…
On page 73 of The Final Days, by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, we read the following about Judge Sirica: “Sirica entered. He didn’t like dramatic courtroom confrontations, and he expected one this afternoon. His nerves were getting to him.” … Continue reading
Originally posted on Words on the Word:
For the New Testament authors, the original text, that is, the text they drew on, was primarily the Septuagint. To make up the first part of the Bible which has the New Testament…