I was watching ABC This Week this afternoon. (It’s on in the morning, but I tape it while I am at church, then I watch it in the afternoon.) The topic at the beginning of the episode was Nelson Mandela, who recently passed on. The narrator was saying that President Ronald Reagan opposed sanctions against South Africa, and that Congress passed sanctions anyway. And yet, it went on to say that Reagan appointed the first black ambassador to South Africa, and it showed Reagan saying in 1986 that Mandela should be released from prison and allowed to participate in the political process. I knew about Reagan’s stance on sanctions, but I did not know about those other things.
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Josephus and James, the Brother of Jesus
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Piety: Ziba, David, and Mephibosheth
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria