Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Dexter and the Trinity Killer
- Book Review: Grant R. Osborne, Revelation: Verse by Verse — Reading Acts
- Book Write-Up: Binding the Strong Man, by Ched Myers
- Colossians and Gnosticism, Talents as Forgiveness, Rebels and Exiles, Resurrecting Justice
- How to Get Promoted — Clarissa’s Blog
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
Daily Archives: October 29, 2013
Originally posted on the archives near Emmaus:
Anthony Le Donne, The Wife of Jesus: Ancient Texts and Modern Scandals (London: Oneworld Publications, 2013). (Amazon.com) Le Donne, THE WIFE OF JESUS A book titled The Wife of Jesus: Ancient Texts and Modern Scandals may excite those…
Originally posted on BLT:
“Abba Isn’t ‘Daddy’” said the late James Barr, scholar. “Abba Isn’t Daddy” repeats Steve Caruso, Aramaic translator, even on his more scholarly Aramaic Designs About Page. He quotes Mary Rose D’Angelo, who’s said: The NT itself…
On page 442 of Pat Nixon: The Untold Story, Julie Nixon Eisenhower talks about the books that her mother, Pat Nixon, liked to read after Richard Nixon’s departure from the Presidency: “Her favorite books were the historical novels by the … Continue reading
Van Austin Harvey. The Historian and the Believer: The Morality of Historical Knowledge and Christian Belief. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1966. I learned about this book back when I was at Harvard Divinity School. A friend of mine told … Continue reading