Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 29, 2013
Book Review: Le Donne’s The Wife of Jesus
Originally posted on the archives near Emmaus:
Anthony Le Donne, The Wife of Jesus: Ancient Texts and Modern Scandals (London: Oneworld Publications, 2013). (Amazon.com) Le Donne, THE WIFE OF JESUS A book titled The Wife of Jesus: Ancient Texts and Modern Scandals may excite those…
Posted in Uncategorized 1 Comment
Abba may be Daddy
Originally posted on BLT:
“Abba Isn’t ‘Daddy’” said the late James Barr, scholar. “Abba Isn’t Daddy” repeats Steve Caruso, Aramaic translator, even on his more scholarly Aramaic Designs About Page. He quotes Mary Rose D’Angelo, who’s said: The NT itself…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Abba may be Daddy
Julie Nixon Eisenhower’s Pat Nixon: The Untold Story 8
On page 442 of Pat Nixon: The Untold Story, Julie Nixon Eisenhower talks about the books that her mother, Pat Nixon, liked to read after Richard Nixon’s departure from the Presidency: “Her favorite books were the historical novels by the … Continue reading
Posted in Books, History, john birch society, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Julie Nixon Eisenhower’s Pat Nixon: The Untold Story 8
Book Write-Up: The Historian and the Believer, by Van A. Harvey
Van Austin Harvey. The Historian and the Believer: The Morality of Historical Knowledge and Christian Belief. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1966. I learned about this book back when I was at Harvard Divinity School. A friend of mine told … Continue reading