Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Isaiah 9:1-6 according to Some Jewish Interpreters
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Plural Elohim, Plural Verb
- Universalism (or a Second Chance) in Revelation?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: October 1, 2013
Originally posted on Whistling In The Wind:
One day a boy was playing football when he accidently broke a window. Rather than get mad, the people shrugged their shoulders and said breaking windows is good for the economy. After all,…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I’ll refer at the end to why I think this has something to do with my discussion of Stoicism. I have mentioned on this blog before that as early as my seminary training in the 1970s…
On the Inspiration of the Bible and other Books / Von der Interpretation der Bibel und anderer Bücher (unten)
Originally posted on lotharlorraine:
Deutsche Version: Von der Interpretation der Bibel und anderer Bücher. The Bible as a solid anchor? Fundamentalists and more generally Evangelicals believe that if God exists and is interested in human affairs, He will give us…
Originally posted on Wascana Fellowship:
We started our service on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles 2013 with a reading from Isaiah 11:1-9. The former Worldwide Church of God referred frequently to this passage to describe the Millennial…
On page 126 of Reinventing Richard Nixon: A Cultural History of an American Obsession, Daniel Frick states: “In the first months of 1991, when the United States led a UN coalition of forces to free Kuwait from an invading Iraqi … Continue reading
Laurie R. Godfrey, ed. Scientists Confront Creationism. New York and London: W.W. Norton and Company, 1983. Scientists Confront Creationism contains essays by scientists, anthropologists, and others that attempt to explain and critique young-earth creation science. I have seen this book … Continue reading