Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The Death Penalty
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- The Martyrdom of Zechariah in Rabbinic Literature and Matthew 23:35
- Colossians and Gnosticism, Talents as Forgiveness, Rebels and Exiles, Resurrecting Justice
- How to Get Promoted — Clarissa’s Blog
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
Daily Archives: October 1, 2013
Originally posted on Whistling In The Wind:
One day a boy was playing football when he accidently broke a window. Rather than get mad, the people shrugged their shoulders and said breaking windows is good for the economy. After all,…
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
I’ll refer at the end to why I think this has something to do with my discussion of Stoicism. I have mentioned on this blog before that as early as my seminary training in the 1970s…
On the Inspiration of the Bible and other Books / Von der Interpretation der Bibel und anderer Bücher (unten)
Originally posted on lotharlorraine:
Deutsche Version: Von der Interpretation der Bibel und anderer Bücher. The Bible as a solid anchor? Fundamentalists and more generally Evangelicals believe that if God exists and is interested in human affairs, He will give us…
Originally posted on Wascana Fellowship:
We started our service on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles 2013 with a reading from Isaiah 11:1-9. The former Worldwide Church of God referred frequently to this passage to describe the Millennial…
On page 126 of Reinventing Richard Nixon: A Cultural History of an American Obsession, Daniel Frick states: “In the first months of 1991, when the United States led a UN coalition of forces to free Kuwait from an invading Iraqi … Continue reading
Laurie R. Godfrey, ed. Scientists Confront Creationism. New York and London: W.W. Norton and Company, 1983. Scientists Confront Creationism contains essays by scientists, anthropologists, and others that attempt to explain and critique young-earth creation science. I have seen this book … Continue reading