Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "The Amazing Power of Prayer"
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Book Write-Up: New Testament Introduction, by Donald Guthrie
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Monthly Archives: September 2013
I had negative and positive feelings about religion while I was watching ABC News last night. One story that ABC News was reporting was actress Leah Remini’s claim that the Church of Scientology is rooting for her to lose on … Continue reading
On page 1011 of Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full, Conrad Black states: “The real problem had been the endless smearing of the president, the war of a thousand cuts over taxes, Cambodia, CREEP financing, dirty tricks, home improvements, … Continue reading
Originally posted on Mercy not Sacrifice:
First, I realize evangelicals or millennials are popular punching bags, and I’m not interested in bashing either. The words are utterly imprecise social labels that somehow capture a dual identity I find in myself,…
I’ve decided to get back into reading about religious studies and theology. It’s not that I ever stopped doing that, per se, but I’ve been reading materials for my dissertation. I’d like to expand my knowledge about religious studies and … Continue reading
Originally posted on Jesus Without Baggage:
Why Sin Matters: The Surprising Relationship Between Our Sin and God’s Grace, by Mark R. McMinn, 179 pages, was published in 2004—almost ten years ago. How I First Encountered Why Sin Matters I was…
On page 957 of Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full, Conrad Black states: “Nixon’s plucky and generally very popular daughter, Julie Eisenhower, had gone out speaking in support of her father. She invariably made a very good impression, and … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor was talking about a handicapped man who keeps on praising the Lord. When a ramp was set up at his house, this man was just praising the Lord! Why am I reluctant to be … Continue reading
On page 902 of Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full, Conrad Black states: “Nixon would have done better with a more credible and substantial spokesman than [Press Secretary Ron] Ziegler, but as [White House Chief of Staff Alexander] Haig … Continue reading