Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Tim Keller's Two Gospels?
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- About Me
- George MacDonald on Witnessing, Atonement
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Daily Archives: September 27, 2013
My church had some interesting discussions last night at our Bible study. We’re still going through our study on the Gospel of Luke. I’ll use as my starting-point a question on page 35 of the curriculum that we are using, … Continue reading
Originally posted on theoutwardquest:
This post really is somewhat about Epictetus and Stoic philosophy as the book, The Art of Living, presents it. But I will wind around on the way there. When I was a college freshman, I took a…
I started Daniel Frick’s Reinventing Richard Nixon: A Cultural History of an American Obsession. My latest reading was about how Richard Nixon’s story about himself reflected rags-to-riches stories in American culture. There was Benjamin Franklin’s autobiography, in which Benjamin Franklin … Continue reading