At church this morning, the pastor emeritus prayed that God might grant our leaders wisdom as they made their decision about Syria. Unfortunately, what will probably happen is that the U.S. will bomb Syria, and civilians will die in the process. See Ezra Klein’s article, Could Bombing Syria Kill More Civilians Than It Saves? And God most likely won’t step in and stop this, for God hasn’t stopped numerous other civilian casualties in the past. If I were to ask God to grant our leaders wisdom, it would be so that they would know how to negotiate, so that the disputes could be resolved without bloodshed. That would require a lot of wisdom—-an ability to think outside the box! But I don’t think that we’ll be seeing that.
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Peck on the My Lai Massacre
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Mark 10:46-52: A Blind Man Who Sees God
- Van Seters' Historical Arguments Regarding the Patriarchs
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria