Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart's Thought
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Unrealistic Chris Rock, Tim Lahaye, and Jerry Jenkins
- Tucker's 5/17/2022 Monologue
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: July 2013
In my latest reading of Richard Milhous Nixon: The Rise of an American Politician, Roger Morris talks about an oratorical contest that the teenage Richard Nixon won in 1929. The aim of these oratorical contests was to extol the U.S. … Continue reading
On page 87 of Richard Milhous Nixon: The Rise of an American Politician, Roger Morris narrates Richard Nixon’s public conversion to Christ at the age of thirteen: “On a sultry night after he began high school in September 1926, his … Continue reading
For my blog post today about Roger Morris’ Richard Milhous Nixon: The Rise of an American Politician, I’ll use as my starting-point something that Morris says on page 56. Essentially, Morris expresses skepticism of Richard Nixon’s claim that he grew … Continue reading
I’ve said a couple of times that I would do a write-up about the Christian apologetic works of Gilbert West and George Littleton (see my posts here and here). Gilbert West was an eighteenth century thinker who attempted to disprove … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor was preaching about the Lord’s prayer. He noted that it starts with “Our Father.” The pastor talked about how our image of God will influence how we interact with God. If we see God … Continue reading
I started Roger Morris’ tome, Richard Milhous Nixon: The Rise of an American Politician. Morris’ book covers Richard Nixon’s life up to and including 1952. It also talks about people, places, and events prior to Richard Nixon’s birth. I was … Continue reading
I finished Richard Nixon’s In the Arena. I have four items. 1. On page 325, Nixon talks about the use of linkage when negotiating with the Soviets: “How we structure and approach talks with Moscow will largely determine our success … Continue reading
I have three items for my write-up today on Psalm 119: Shin/Sin. 1. Psalm 119:164 states (in the KJV): “Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments.” Some believe that the Psalmist praised God seven … Continue reading