Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- About Me
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Romans 14, Worship and the World to Come
- Romans 13 and Approaching the Atonement
- Romans 12:1-2
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
Monthly Archives: June 2013
For my blog post today on Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990, I’ll quote something that Stephen Ambrose says on page 532. The topic is the famous world leaders Nixon knew. “Sometimes, these men said things to Nixon they never said … Continue reading
I started Lee Harmon’s Revelation: The Way It Happened. Some months ago, I read and blogged through the sequel to this book: Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened. See here for my posts on that. And see here … Continue reading
For my blog post today about Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990, I’ll quote something that Stephen Ambrose says on page 509. The context is David Frost’s 1977 interview of Richard Nixon. Frost is reading to Nixon statements that Nixon made … Continue reading
I finished W.A. Swanberg’s Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist, which is about six-time Socialist Presidential candidate Norman Thomas. Swanberg closes the book with Thomas’ death in 1968. Swanberg says that Thomas appealed to people’s better angels and got some results, … Continue reading
My pastor’s sermon at church this morning was one of my favorites that I have heard him deliver. (I talk about my favorite sermon of his in my post here.) It was entitled, “It Doesn’t Have to be That Way.” … Continue reading
For my blog post today on Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990, I will quote what Stephen Ambrose says on page 432. “‘How can you support a quitter?’ [Nixon] bitterly asked Ziegler. He told a story about the time he was … Continue reading
For my blog post on Psalm 119: Ayin, I will focus on v 128. My literal translation of the Masoretic Text for this verse is: Therefore all precepts of all I made straight; every way of deception I hated. The … Continue reading
I was looking through some conservative Townhall columns yesterday, trying to decide which ones to read. One that I chose to read was Michael Reagan’s Mexico Held Back by Corruption. Here are some of my favorite passages from it: “What … Continue reading