Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- About Me
- Dionysius and Revelation
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- 10 Significant Mike Wallace Moments
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: June 24, 2013
For my blog post today about Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990, I’ll quote something that Stephen Ambrose says on page 509. The context is David Frost’s 1977 interview of Richard Nixon. Frost is reading to Nixon statements that Nixon made … Continue reading
I finished W.A. Swanberg’s Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist, which is about six-time Socialist Presidential candidate Norman Thomas. Swanberg closes the book with Thomas’ death in 1968. Swanberg says that Thomas appealed to people’s better angels and got some results, … Continue reading