Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Joshua 4:9: The Underwater Memorial
- The Death Penalty
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Dostoevsky, Hitler, and Universalism
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
- Angels in Romans 8:28 and Matthew Barrett’s Canon, Covenant and Christology
- Church Write-Up: Romans 8:14-30 and Forgiveness
- Book Write-Up: Suicide of a Superpower, State of Emergency, Day of Reckoning (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- The Insulted Soldiers Hoax
- Book Write-Ups: Libido Dominandi, The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit (E. Michael Jones)
- Romans 7-8 and Review of Discerning Ethics
- Book Write-Up: Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Church Write-Up: Baptism and Love
- Book Write-Up: Republican Women, Divided We Stand
Daily Archives: June 14, 2013
I get a list of conservative Townhall columns in my e-mail inbox each day, and I usually try to read one or two of them (sometimes more). Yesterday, I really enjoyed Jeff Jacoby’s column about Samantha Power, who is President … Continue reading
My church had its final Bible study last night on John’s Gospel: Wisdom from Ephesus, with Michael Card. In this post, I’ll use as my starting-point one of the questions in our workbook. After citing John 20:1-9, the workbook … Continue reading
In this blog post, I’ll highlight two passages from Stephen Ambrose’s Nixon: Ruin and Recovery, 1973-1990. We’re in the Watergate scandal, and President Richard Nixon’s former counsel, John Dean, has testified before Congress that Nixon engaged in a cover-up and … Continue reading
For my write-up today on W.A. Swanberg’s biography of six-time Socialist candidate for President Norman Thomas, entitled Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist, I will discuss Thomas’ interaction with conservative William F. Buckley’s 1951 book, God and Man at Yale. It … Continue reading