Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 28, 2013
Ambrose’s Nixon: The Triumph of a Politician 12
President Richard Nixon criticized the Baby Boomers who were protesting against the Vietnam War, calling the ones who were “blowing up the campuses” “bums” (Nixon’s words). Meanwhile, Nixon praised the soldiers fighting in Vietnam, portraying them as heroes. Stephen Ambrose … Continue reading
Posted in History, Movies, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Ambrose’s Nixon: The Triumph of a Politician 12
Who Wrote Joshua 22?
I was thinking about the authorship of Joshua 22. I don’t know anything about the scholarly discussion on this issue, but I was just looking at elements of the chapter and I was asking myself who could have written it. … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Joshua, Religion Tagged central sanctuary, deuteronomist, deuteronomistic, moshe weinfeld, phinehas, place god Comments Off on Who Wrote Joshua 22?