Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The Death Penalty
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 15, 2013
Constitution USA: Did the Framers Intend a Living, Breathing Constitution?
I’ve been enjoying the PBS show, Constitution USA with Peter Sagal. Essentially, Peter Sagal rides on a motorcycle and interviews people about the U.S. Constitution. In a scene in last night’s episode, Peter is talking with a scholar. The scholar … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics, Television Tagged constitution usa, cruel and unusual punishments, eighth amendment, pbs show, peter sagal, U.S. Constitution Comments Off on Constitution USA: Did the Framers Intend a Living, Breathing Constitution?
Very Strange Bedfellows 8
In my post today on Jules Witcover’s Very Strange Bedfellows: The Short and Unhappy Marriage of Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew, I’ll focus on Richard Nixon’s interactions with Spiro Agnew. Witcover essentially portrays Nixon as someone who was nice and … Continue reading
Posted in Politics Comments Off on Very Strange Bedfellows 8