Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Andrew Klavan on Mel Gibson
- The Death Penalty
- Psalm 119: Qoph
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Monthly Archives: April 2013
I started Richard Nixon’s 1994 book, Beyond Peace. So why is this book entitled Beyond Peace? I’m still in the process of figuring that out. At first, I thought that Nixon was saying that we need spirituality to fill our … Continue reading
In Joshua 3, the Israelites cross the Jordan River on dry ground. God does this miracle to affirm before the Israelites that God is with Joshua, as God was with Moses. But was it really a miracle? The Intervarsity Press … Continue reading
This will be somewhat of a rambling post. I was reading a blog post by Rebecca Hamilton recently, Why Don’t Christian Bashers Ever Get Tired of Themselves?, in which she criticizes atheist blogs. I like Rebecca because (well) she reads … Continue reading
I finished Richard Nixon’s 1992 book, Seize the Moment: America’s Challenge in a One-Superpower World. In this post, I’ll comment on three quotes from the book. 1. On page 290, Nixon says the following about entitlements: “Today, we are witnessing … Continue reading
“Your beliefs should be in line with your pastor’s”, the leader of a Bible study group I was in said in the group’s first meeting of the school year. “I believe in church authority, so the minister has a right … Continue reading
We had a baptism at church this morning. Three things stood out to me. 1. The pastor was pointing out that there are differences between Jesus’ baptism and the baptism that was about to take place. Jesus was an adult … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Richard Nixon’s 1992 book, Seize the Moment: America’s Challenge in a One-Superpower World, I will again quote passages from the book, following each quote with my comments. 1. On pages 176-177, Nixon discusses what the … Continue reading
I’m still reading Richard Nixon’s 1992 book, Seize the Moment: America’s Challenge in a One-Superpower World. I have five items for today. Like yesterday’s post, my post today will comment on quotations from Nixon’s book. I’ll be using those quotations … Continue reading