Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 12, 2013
In Search of Nixon 2
For my write-up today on In Search of Nixon: A Psychohistorical Inquiry, I’ll use as my starting-point something that Bruce Mazlish says on page 115: “In general, Nixon’s basic vision of himself is as a high-principled, fair-minded man (of greatness), … Continue reading
Posted in History, Politics, Psychology Comments Off on In Search of Nixon 2
Spiritual Experiences: Discipline and Quiet
On page 286 of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin talks about attitudes to avoid when one wants to receive a vision: “If we decide in our own minds, ‘I am never going to … Continue reading
Posted in Alcoholism, Buddhism, Church, Greco-Roman, Life, Religion Tagged baptism of the holy spirit, c s lewis, Church, grandmothers and grandfathers, Mere Christianity, Philo of Alexandria, Religion, spirituality, step recovery groups Comments Off on Spiritual Experiences: Discipline and Quiet