Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Review of the Apologetics of West and Littleton (and Rogers)
- Some Source Criticism on Exodus 19, 24, and 34
- Ishmael on Hagar's Back
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 8, 2013
On Islam, Humility, Biblical Interpretation, Etc.
My church’s Bible study group is still going through Romans: The Letter That Changed the World, With Mart De Haan and Jimmy DeYoung. The last two sessions have been about Romans 9-11, in which Paul is in anguish because most … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Jewish-Christian Relations, Religion Tagged bible study group, gentile christians, middle-east, Politics, Religion, theology Comments Off on On Islam, Humility, Biblical Interpretation, Etc.
Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 7
I have three items for my write-up today on Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady: Richard Nixon vs. Helen Gahagan Douglas—-Sexual Politics and the Red Scare, 1950, a book about Richard Nixon’s 1950 race for the U.S. Senate against Democrat … Continue reading
Posted in Communism, Movies, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged Anne Baxter, Cecil B. Demille, Edward G. Robinson, Frank Capra, Helen Gahagan Douglas, HUAC, J. Edgar Hoover, Richard Nixon, ronald reagan Comments Off on Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 7
Frightening, Yet Liberating
On page 231 of Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, James David Audlin says the following about a Vietnam veteran’s experience in a Native American lodge: “I was told that one of my teachers took a Vietnam … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Pluralism, Religion Tagged Religion, spirituality Comments Off on Frightening, Yet Liberating