Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 3, 2013
Individualism and Community
At church this morning, an issue that was swimming through my mind was individualism and community. The hymns that we sang this morning largely seemed to focus on the individual’s relationship with God. God loves me. God has forgiven me. … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Community, Religion Tagged Church, disciples of christ, personal repentance, personal savior, Religion, spirituality 2 Comments
Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 2
I have four items for my write-up today on Greg Mitchell’s Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady: Richard Nixon vs. Helen Gahagan Douglas—-Sexual Politics and the Red Scare, 1950. It’s about Richard Nixon’s 1950 U.S. Senate campaign against liberal Democrat … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged Helen Gahagan Douglas, Murray Chotiner, Richard Nixon Comments Off on Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 2